- A place to call homeIn the suburbs of Atlanta, Rotarians are filling a gap in social services to help struggling families get back on their
- From country doctor to crusaderWhat made Gates Foundation polio eradication director drop his country doctor dream to become an international polio
- Rotary 2017 peace championsMeet 6 champions of
- Rotary helps disaster victimsRotary helps disaster victimsThe Rotary Foundation and Rotary clubs are helping communities battered by severe weather and
Rotary recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs.
Leadership is an essential aspect of Rotary—and we offer both clubs and programs to help emerging leaders develop their skills. Through these groups, participants strengthen their leadership skills, serve their communities, increase their world understanding, build friendships, and more.
Rotaract brings together people ages 18-30 in universities and communities worldwide to organize service activities, develop leadership and professional skills, and have fun. Rotary clubs sponsor them, but Rotaract members manage and fund their clubs independently. Rotaract members work closely with their local Rotary club, and may join after their Rotaract membership ends.
Interact is a club for youth ages 12-18 who want to connect with others in their community or school. Interact club members have fun while carrying out service projects and learning about the world. Interact clubs organize at least two service projects a year: one that benefits their community and one that encourages international understanding. While Interact clubs receive guidance from individual Rotary clubs, they govern and support themselves.
Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) is a leadership development program run by Rotary. While participants can be any age, most events focus on secondary school students, university students, or young professionals. RYLA events are typically 3–10 days long and include presentations, activities, and workshops that cover a variety of topics, including:
- Leadership fundamentals and ethics
- Communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict management
- Community and global citizenship
Rotary Youth Exchange is the opportunity of a lifetime for the more than 8,000 students who participate each year. By sharing your own culture and embracing a new one, you help foster global understanding—and learn a great deal about yourself and your home country in the process.