Reflections on District Conference 2017
- Liberian nurse fights for peaceA nurse fights for peaceIn a nation once wracked by civil war, Liberian Rotarian Elizabeth Sele Mulbah has spent much of her life leading efforts for peace and reconciliation.A past president (2011-12) of the Rotary Club of Sinkor, Mulbah has a remarkable
- Rotaract: 50 years of changing lives50 years ago, the first Rotaract club was formed to give young adults a place to connect and take action for good. Rotaract members from each decade share what the program was like and how it shaped their
- Rotary women celebrated for changing livesWorld Bank and Rotary International celebrate International Women’s
- Nowhere to turnAs thousands of refugees streamed into Berlin, they strained the health care system. Rotarian and physician Pia Skarabis-Querfeld spent the last three years building a network of volunteer doctors to help those in
For photos from District Conference, please visit our District Facebook Page!
From District Governor Pam:
- We welcomed Past District Governor Todd Lindley and his lovely wife Tricia as the Rotary International President’s Representative. It was great to spend some time with them both and I send out a big thank you to them!
- Past District Governors were asked to bring a piece of memorabilia from their year. Our Thursday evening dinner was dedicated to the PDG’s talking about a memory from their year.It was a great evening! The PDG’s in attendance shared some wonderful memories and their passion for Rotary and our District was evident.And the display in the House of Friendship was phenomenal. THANK YOU to those participating Past District Governors. We are all busy and have all experienced life changing events over the years. Thank you for caring enough about Service Above Self to attend!
- A big shout out to our Membership Panel and Club Project Showcase Presenters: DGN Cherie, PDG Maria, Cliff Milowicki, Joe Piszczor, Chuck Motycka, Mat Beck, Matt Deal, Erica Miller, Beth Baxter, Joyce McIntire, Owen Standley and Suzanne Ward. You all did a fantastic job!
- Pittsburgh entertainer, Judy Figel topped off our Friday bar-be-que buffet with her spectacular voice and talented musicians. Our Club Presidents and Assistant Governors were featured before dinner.
- Thank you PRFT Stephanie Urchick and PDG Mark Kessler who provided some helpful information on the Rotary Foundation.
- We honored our youth at the Saturday lunch and as usual the Exchange Students “entertained” the audience and the Interact Clubs did a great job speaking about their projects.
- Then it was on to Rotary “Kahoot.” Six teams competed for prizes and it was a “hoot!” Thank you to PDG Mary and Ivar for developing the questions and hosting.
- Saturday evening featured the traditional “Parade of Governors”, the keynote address by Rotary International President’s Rep, PDG Todd Lindley and the presentation of individual and club awards and recognitions.The evening ended with the official pinning ceremony.
- Our Interact members did a great job in building a mountain of macaroni in the shape of “100” to honor our Foundation’s birthday.Thanks to PDG Ed Olsavicky, Bill Blaney and Mark Barnhart for the assistance. And thanks to everyone that donated pasta. The Fayette County Food Bank was very appreciative to receive so much pasta.
- As is tradition in our District, there was a service conducted on Sunday morning in remembrance of Rotarians that have passed away in this Rotary year. Dave Slusarick did a fabulous job in putting this together.It was a peaceful, beautiful service.Music and vocal selections were provided by Joe Andria. Thank you Dave…you are the best!